ABOUT US

My photo
Kansas, United States
This started out as a blog about our domestic adoption. So all of the older posts are about that journey. It was an interesting one, and it led us to our son, Jacob. My dream since I was a little girl was typical of most little girls. I wanted to get married, and have children and be a stay at home Mom. Although, not a very popular choice for a profession now a day, I find it very rewarding. As a matter of fact, every day is an adventure! I've been told personally that the stay at home Mom profession isn't 'work', but spend a day with me and you'll see just how much 'work' it is!!! It's blessed work!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Weight Watchers

When I was growing up, I was too skinny. The Doctor told me to eat more often and put some meat on my bones. Boy, some days I wish I still had THAT problem! LOL I wasn't particularly an active child, although in high school I enjoyed playing volleyball, basketball and softball. Ours was a small school and so you played on a sports team whether you wanted to or not. I always wanted to...well, most of the time! LOL Then in College I got sick and gained 15 lbs in 2 weeks, was super tired, and started losing my hair. I thought maybe it was the stress of planning a wedding, as I had just gotten engaged. When I went to the Doctor, I found out that I had a thyroid problem. He put on me on synthroid and it made the symptoms better, but losing the weight was increasing harder. Several years later, I became pre-diabetic and had to take some medicine for that too. I have only been on one "diet" in all this time and then I found Weight Watchers. My first experience with WW was a positive one. Hubby and I lost quite a bit of weight. I like WW because it trains you how to eat right and makes it easier to become a healthy lifestyle. Although we haven't always practiced this healthy lifestyle, we know we should. We have stopped and started WW a few times, but are always encouraged by the results that are forth-coming. I'm at my heaviest that I have ever been. I want to be around for my children, and be a "fun" and healthy Mom. So I started it again, online...this time, almost 3 weeks ago. I'm down almost 10 lbs and if I reach my 10lb mark by Easter I'm going to buy a new Easter dress. I'm so excited! I always hate that I let myself get to this point...but am grateful that I can change it. That reminds me of God's love. Sometimes He lets us walk away, but it's good to know that we can't ever so far that His love isn't there for us and we can always go back. There will be consequences for our actions, but He loves us and we can always come 'HOME'. I'm thankful for second chances on health issues and for spiritual issues! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment