ABOUT US

My photo
Kansas, United States
This started out as a blog about our domestic adoption. So all of the older posts are about that journey. It was an interesting one, and it led us to our son, Jacob. My dream since I was a little girl was typical of most little girls. I wanted to get married, and have children and be a stay at home Mom. Although, not a very popular choice for a profession now a day, I find it very rewarding. As a matter of fact, every day is an adventure! I've been told personally that the stay at home Mom profession isn't 'work', but spend a day with me and you'll see just how much 'work' it is!!! It's blessed work!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012


I like Pinterest. If you have never been on there yet, you should try it unless you have no self-control at all. It's a bit addicting. I have several boards on there that I pin to frequently. I get ideas for the holidays, for educating Jake, for a new meal to try, and most of all for crafting. Pinterest has been awesome when it comes to crafting ideas. My latest was a tissue paper canvas. You take tissue paper and print on it. Yes, you heard me right, print on it...with your inkjet printer! I know! I was skeptical too, but I tried it and it worked!!! It was amazing! After you print on it, you let it dry, then you attach it to painters canvas using modge podge. It works beautifully, as you can see in the pic! You have to be SO GENTLE when you are applying the modge podge and it did tear the tissue just a little bit, but it was in a corner and I was able to fix it. I will attach the website here so you can see how to do it yourself. I've bought a canvas picture before of my adorable little boy, and it was pretty expensive. I thought I'd try this and I think I'll keep doing this instead. The only things I did differently than the original post, was that I used a picture done in sepia instead of the black and white/color. It turned out a lot better. My very first picture was in black and white and it ended up turning out half green and half black and white. I might play with my printer settings a little more to see if the saturation amount had much to do with it...but anyway...it wasn't usable. That's pretty much all I did differently. One of the comments on the website, said to use tracing paper so I bought a pad of that, but have not had a chance to try it. It should be a little sturdier as far as not tearing so bad when you modge podge it. We'll see. Anyway, it's a fun project and if you have some gift tissue laying around you might try it.
http://sarahsprojects.blogspot.com/2010/02/wall-art-for-siennas-room.html

No comments:

Post a Comment