ABOUT US

My photo
Kansas, United States
This started out as a blog about our domestic adoption. So all of the older posts are about that journey. It was an interesting one, and it led us to our son, Jacob. My dream since I was a little girl was typical of most little girls. I wanted to get married, and have children and be a stay at home Mom. Although, not a very popular choice for a profession now a day, I find it very rewarding. As a matter of fact, every day is an adventure! I've been told personally that the stay at home Mom profession isn't 'work', but spend a day with me and you'll see just how much 'work' it is!!! It's blessed work!

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Life










Summer is here in full force in Kansas. It's been in the 100+ degrees for the last two weeks. I HATE hot weather. I'm from northern Wisconsin and I just don't deal well with the heat here in Kansas. I decided I'm going to pray for a hard winter...cold temps and lots of snow. Then I'll be begging for warmer temps...never satisfied are we? LOL
We have been presented another adoption opportunity. We are praying about it, and might start inquiring about it a little. Just thinking about it brings back a whole lot of memories-good and bad. John and I were talking about it tonight and we just don't feel the "desperation" that we felt last time. Granted last time was the first adoption we had ever gotten to experience. After several years of heart break and disappointment, God allowed us to complete an adoption and we finally became parents. Our reasons don't seem as selfish this time around. We want Jake to have a sibling...either brother or sister, we don't care, we just want him to have that. He is going to be such a great big brother too! He is so loving to other kids and is such a diplomat. I've been very proud of him in watching him with other children. He is the only baby in our Church nursery right now, but when we have visitors, he seems to do fine. We had a few children who were older than him, already in the two's and were in the "mine" grabby stage, and when they would take something away from him, he would just find another toy to play with. One child he hugged every time the child would grab a toy away from him, after about 5 times, the child thought it was enough hugging and started to push him away. So I guess you could say we have a lover, not a fighter. I do realize; however, that he isn't quite two yet, and my time of "mine" and such are probably coming. Right now, though, he is doing great with that. 
I look forward to welcoming another (probably the last adoption we will seek) child into our home. Jake has been such a blessing and joy. This could only get better! The little guy has taught me so much about myself. Stuff I don't think I would of learned without him. I understand how important it is for me to be the Christian God wants me to be, in order to be the Mother I need to be. I understand the importance of family and friends. I understand more about the relationship between me and my Husband. I know a love I never thought I'd ever get to experience...the unconditional, unsolicited, never-ending, pure, innocent love of a child. Yep, he has taught me so much in the short 21 months that we have been blessed with him! I look forward every day to what he teaches me and what God tells me to be teaching/training him. One of my greatest titles...Momma! 

2 comments:

  1. Jacob is adorable!!! I loved seeing an update of him and you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nicole! He's my favorite subject to talk about! =)

    ReplyDelete