ABOUT US

My photo
Kansas, United States
This started out as a blog about our domestic adoption. So all of the older posts are about that journey. It was an interesting one, and it led us to our son, Jacob. My dream since I was a little girl was typical of most little girls. I wanted to get married, and have children and be a stay at home Mom. Although, not a very popular choice for a profession now a day, I find it very rewarding. As a matter of fact, every day is an adventure! I've been told personally that the stay at home Mom profession isn't 'work', but spend a day with me and you'll see just how much 'work' it is!!! It's blessed work!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Oops!

We got an email from the graphic designer at our adoption agency today asking if we needed any additional help with our profile changes. Apparently, she didn't get the changes/updates that we sent THREE WEEKS AGO! We've been sitting here debating if we were going to email them asking about the status of our profile finalization. It's some my fault and some theirs. I sent the profile changes, NOT to the graphic designer, but to the adoption coordinator and to our social worker. I told them that the changes were attached to the email and that we were also sending the activation fee. The adoption coordinator told me as soon as the profile changes were approved and the profile was ready for publishing, he would send us a contract to sign and notarize. We've been waiting for the contract when the graphic designer hasn't even received the changes. I'm so thankful that she contacted us today. She emailed me back, apologized, and said if I resend her the changes that she could make the changes and send us the final copy. After we approved that, she can get it put up on the internet profile site by this weekend. So hopefully, our profile will be on the internet this weekend and maybe the other profile will be available by Monday. How discouraging to realize that miscommunication caused this! Several times over the last few weeks I've thought about email them and asking how it was going and if they needed anything else from us. We don't want to seem too anxious, or pushy, but now I wish I had been. They told us once we are active that we can check with them no more than once a month. If we have interest in our profile, a social worker will be in touch with us. We don't want to seem impatient and be a pain in the butt. We are going to need a little extra prayer, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment