ABOUT US

My photo
Kansas, United States
This started out as a blog about our domestic adoption. So all of the older posts are about that journey. It was an interesting one, and it led us to our son, Jacob. My dream since I was a little girl was typical of most little girls. I wanted to get married, and have children and be a stay at home Mom. Although, not a very popular choice for a profession now a day, I find it very rewarding. As a matter of fact, every day is an adventure! I've been told personally that the stay at home Mom profession isn't 'work', but spend a day with me and you'll see just how much 'work' it is!!! It's blessed work!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Tomorrows the Day!


Well, tomorrow is the day for the home study....actually later today (it's 2am). We got the floor in the kitchen finished and the appliances back in. That was quite the chore! But it looks SO nice! I have a short list of "must do's" to do in the morning and a little shopping to do before she arrives. We got some snow and ice this weekend, so I'm really hoping she can still come. I don't think I can stand the torture of waiting any longer. The house looks really good! I'm pleased. I think I may of over-compensated a bit on it. John and I were talking tonight and he kept saying that the home study isn't as much about the house as it is about us. I can control the way the house looks, but one thing I know about myself is that I don't do well with first impressions. I, also, don't do well with interviews. John does great with both, so we'll be relying on him. Our agency prides itself on having nice and friendly social workers who will put you at ease immediately. I'm always a bundle of nerves with this kind of thing, so we will see. I guess I'm going to have to trust that I have done the best I can and just leave the rest to God. Good night and pray for us! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment