ABOUT US

My photo
Kansas, United States
This started out as a blog about our domestic adoption. So all of the older posts are about that journey. It was an interesting one, and it led us to our son, Jacob. My dream since I was a little girl was typical of most little girls. I wanted to get married, and have children and be a stay at home Mom. Although, not a very popular choice for a profession now a day, I find it very rewarding. As a matter of fact, every day is an adventure! I've been told personally that the stay at home Mom profession isn't 'work', but spend a day with me and you'll see just how much 'work' it is!!! It's blessed work!

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sunday School Curriculum

I am a Teacher at heart. I LOVED being a preschool Teacher for almost 10 years! My favorite preschool job was working for a Church here in Ottawa. The used Abeka preschool program for the daycare. I was raised with A.C.E.-Accelerated Christian Education (I think it's called School of Tomorrow now) all my life in my Church's Christian school I attended. Although A.C.E. had it's faults, it was a good curriculum overall. Then I got exposed to Abeka. It is an amazing preschool curriculum! One of my favorite parts of it was that Jesus already had short hair (I didn't have to give him a hair cut) and that all the Scriptures/Bible verses were in the King James Version. They had me sold! I have already started collecting pieces of the curriculum to start with Jake within the next year.
I was the Nursery Director at one of the Churches we attended and I was looking for a Sunday School curriculum for the Toddlers (2-4 years). I looked at several companies but ended up back at Abeka. Their Joyful Life curriculum is very good http://www.joyfullifesundayschool.com/. I ordered a bunch of it for the class. Then last November we started attending a Church closer to home. I have recently been asked to start co-teaching Jr. Church. I asked what kind of materials they had. The first couple of times I did it, I brought a book from home and printed out a coloring page. I've had to make my own curriculum before (secular and Biblical), but I always left what I made at the place I was working/worshipping. Then I happened upon a whole stack of Sunday School Curriculum in the Church office, and guess what? It's a Joyful Life curriculum! Yeah!!! The Pastor's wife said that I could organize it and use it if I wanted. I'm SO excited!!!! I might bring some home to start teaching Jake too. While I was researching curriculum this time to buy (before my Church office discovery), I came across curriculum out of Heritage Baptist Church in Lawrence, KS https://mercyandtruthministry.com/products-page/sunday-school-curriculum/ and also Striving Together out of Lancaster, CA http://www.strivingtogether.com/. Both are very good Independent, Baptist, KJV Sunday School curriculum, and come highly recommended by some Pastor friends that I trust and respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment