ABOUT US

My photo
Kansas, United States
This started out as a blog about our domestic adoption. So all of the older posts are about that journey. It was an interesting one, and it led us to our son, Jacob. My dream since I was a little girl was typical of most little girls. I wanted to get married, and have children and be a stay at home Mom. Although, not a very popular choice for a profession now a day, I find it very rewarding. As a matter of fact, every day is an adventure! I've been told personally that the stay at home Mom profession isn't 'work', but spend a day with me and you'll see just how much 'work' it is!!! It's blessed work!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Getting ready!




I've become psycho woman! I am furiously cleaning like a mad woman! I'm dusting where there is no dust...just to be sure there's no dust. John's having to rescue me as I teeter precariously on a ladder hefting a heavy full size vacuum in one arm and standing on my tippy toes trying to dust the top of doors with the the extending vacuum hose in the other. "Honey, she's not even going to check up there!" he says. The house has never been so clean. I have the back part of the house all done which includes both bedrooms, the bathroom and the hallway. I have the kitchen (which I hope to tackle tomorrow) the dinningroom and livingroom to go. OH! and the yucky back hall since that will probably be the way she comes in. =) I got to buy some curtains for our bedroom today. Nothing too fancy, but curtains give a nice soft, polish look to a room, I think. I also bought a sheer for the baby room-just plain white, since we don't know any gender details on the B-A-B-Y. I'm getting excited to get the homestudy finished. I'm making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for the visit and have the beverage choices of iced or hot tea, coffee, Diet Pepsi, milk or water! Perhaps I'll return to my happy-go-lucky self next Tuesday assuming all goes well. If she requires us to get some more things done, then we will just do them and that'll be great too, because we have a lot of little projects that just need to be done! I'm upbeat and excited! We'll see if I'm still that way around 5pm on Monday. It helps a little that I'm off of work now until Tuesday. John is off tomorrow with me. I'm sure he and the rest of my friends are ready for pyscho woman to be gone!!!! =)

1 comment: