ABOUT US

My photo
Kansas, United States
This started out as a blog about our domestic adoption. So all of the older posts are about that journey. It was an interesting one, and it led us to our son, Jacob. My dream since I was a little girl was typical of most little girls. I wanted to get married, and have children and be a stay at home Mom. Although, not a very popular choice for a profession now a day, I find it very rewarding. As a matter of fact, every day is an adventure! I've been told personally that the stay at home Mom profession isn't 'work', but spend a day with me and you'll see just how much 'work' it is!!! It's blessed work!

Friday, January 27, 2012

Courageous

My first Sherwood experience was "Fireproof". I LOVED that movie! Then I got to watch "Facing the Giants" and "Flywheel". I really enjoyed those as well. When I heard the next movie was coming out, I got so excited!
I followed the production on Facebook, heard it was out in the theaters and waited and waited until it came out on DVD. Then it came out last week on DVD on Tuesday. We had winter revival Wednesday-Sunday at our Church so watching it would have to wait. We finally got it on Netflix yesterday. I emailed Hubby and told him that tonight was Family Movie Night!!!! He got home from teaching banjo lessons at 7:30 and I immediately put it on! What an AWESOME movie! I cried. I laughed. I reflected. God spoke to my heart. If families could get this movie...families would be changed, if they let God speak to them. I felt the same way about 'Fireproof'. I knew people who got it that said their marriages were completely changed by watching that movie...unfortunately, I knew other people who watched it and still wound up in divorce later that year. We still have a free will though, and if we don't allow God to work, He won't! John commented about how the Sherwood Films have such a way of explaining salvation! They use word pictures and they are very powerful! This movie is a must see!!!!

This movie made me reflect on my own experience. I grew up in a single parent home with a Father who abandoned us. Fortunately, some door-knockers from Twin Ports Baptist Church knocked on our door when I was a year old, and invited us to Church. What a difference God made in our lives! We started going and my family got saved. We started going to the Christian School. The Preacher took a special interest in my family (as he did in a lot of families) and tried to be the Father figure that we needed. God showed me later in life when I was feeling sorry for myself for the way my biological Father was, that I could of had him or I could of had the Church full of people who really loved me and cared about me. I'm SO glad God intervened and gave me my Church. Later, I went to Bible College where I met and married John. He came from a "Norman Rockwell" type of family with an awesome Dad. God gave me such a great life. He can turn a home without a Father into a home that glorifies Him! My Husband is an awesome Father, and my Father-in-Law is an awesome Father, Father-in-Law, and Papa! I'm so thankful to God for changing my future into something for Him. Now we have a little adopted fellow, and God is using us to change his story too! Isn't God good!?!? We aren't perfect parents, but we are trying our very best to raise Him for the LORD. The part of the movie where the guy stood at his Father's grave and told him that he forgave him, and that he hoped that he called on the LORD before he died...that spoke to me. I hope my Father did as well. The situations of each man portrayed in the movie, I think will fit many of the situations that families find themselves in today.

If you watch only one movie this year, make it Courageous! You won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment