ABOUT US

My photo
Kansas, United States
This started out as a blog about our domestic adoption. So all of the older posts are about that journey. It was an interesting one, and it led us to our son, Jacob. My dream since I was a little girl was typical of most little girls. I wanted to get married, and have children and be a stay at home Mom. Although, not a very popular choice for a profession now a day, I find it very rewarding. As a matter of fact, every day is an adventure! I've been told personally that the stay at home Mom profession isn't 'work', but spend a day with me and you'll see just how much 'work' it is!!! It's blessed work!

Friday, January 13, 2012

Revisiting Recent Papercrafting Projects




If you know me at all, you know I LOVE to do papercrafting! I like to scrapbook and come up with cool pages, but I LIVE to papercraft. I also love to re-purpose things. If I can re-cover something and use it again in a new creative way....bring it on! The above is a project I did quite a while ago. I took a drink holder from our local Sonic restaurant and measured all the exposed sides and then I cute some coordinating paper, distressed the ends and then glue dotted them on, then decorated. I made two for baby showers filling them with necessary baby supplies. I made one for 'harvest' once too and filled it with decorated jars of candy, and cocoa. You can also do this for a friend who is ill (fill it with chicken noodle soup, crackers, a magazine, cocoa or coffee, ect) or as a housewarming gift, a thinking of you gift. I also made it once as a centerpiece for a banquet we were having in the spring and filled it with some greenery and flowers, some raffia, ect. It's a nice easy project that has a nice WOW factor!

These are just covered paint cans (I buy them new at a scrapbook store or at Home Depot in various sizes). These ones I made for a back to school gift for a teacher filled with supplies, and for recipe cards (the rectangle one). Again, a simple project with some neat flair! 



This next one is a brown paper bag brag book. Again, something simple. These are made out of brown paper lunch sacks. I detest wasting a lot of time getting the groundwork done on a project. I like to get to the fun part--the embellishing and storytelling! This is so simple! You take however many lunchsacks you want for pages...alternate them, fold them and staple them. Whalla! You can get down to the storytelling and embellishing. Also, in the opening of the lunch bags you can stick a little card with a ribbon for a pull for added real-estate! SOOO fun! 



This next brag book is a squash book. It's called that because they fold up and tie and you have to squash them together! These are a bit time consuming and a little harder to make. But they are SO fun! I liked making them for gifts for Christmas and for special events like new grandbabies and such! They are purse size so people LOVE to carry them around and show off pictures of the babies! 










No comments:

Post a Comment